The goals for this course include:
- Understand the basic structure and function of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Use HTML and CSS to create visually appealing, effective web sites
- Learn how to use PHP and MySQL for server-side processing
- Begin to understand REST architectures and MVC frameworks for web apps
- Follow software engineering principles to construct a website
- Be ready to develop websites on your own, knowing that you can learn whatever new languages/libraries/tools that are needed!
Most of the course material will be from online resources. We have one required textbook for the course:
- Getting Started with Laravel 4, R. Saunier, ISBN: 978-1-78328-703-1 required
NOTE: All assignments will be due at 8 am on the day listed on the Assignments page.
Late work will be accepted within 24 hours after the due time, but you will be assessed 50% as late points. Absolutely no assignments will be accepted more than 24 hours late barring some extreme situation.
Part of an online course is planning and you must plan to send your material on time. Remember that, since there is no official class time, all discussions are asynchronous. This means that responses from me or members of the class will not be immediate, so you must plan ahead so that there will be plenty of time for your questions to be answered and for you to complete the work by the due time.